Wagtailmenus 2.7 release notes¶
- Added support for Wagtail 2.0 and Django 2.0
- Dropped support for Wagtail versions 1.8 to 1.9
- Dropped support for Django versions 1.5 to 1.10
- Dropped support for Python 2 and 3.3
Various ‘Python 3 only’ code optimisations:
- Removed __future__ Unicode handling imports throughout.
- Replaced ‘old style’ class definitions with ‘new style’ ones.
- Simplified super() syntax throughout to the cleaner Python 3 implementation.
- Fixed deprecation warnings pertaining to use of
- Fixed an issue that was preventing translated field label text appearing for the
handlefield when using the
FLAT_MENUS_HANDLE_CHOICESsetting (Contributed by @jeromelebleu)
- This version only officially supports Wagtail and Django versions from 1.10 to 2.0. If you’re using anything earlier than that, you should consider updating your project. If upgrading Wagtail or Django isn’t an option, it might be best to stick with wagtailmenus 2.6 for now (which is a LTS release).
- This version also drops support for anything earlier than Python 3.4.
Following the standard deprecation period, the following classes, methods and behaviour has been removed:
wagtailmenus.models.menus.MenuFromRootPageclass was removed.
wagtailmenus.models.menus.ChildrenMenuno longer accepts a root_page keyword argument. The parent page should be passed using the parent_page keyword instead.
- The root_page attribute has been removed from the
wagtailmenus.models.menus.ChildrenMenuclass. Use the parent_page attribute instead.
sub_menutemplate tag no longer accepts a stop_at_this_level keyword argument.
prime_menu_items()methods have been removed from
get_attrs_from_context()method has been removed from
get_sub_menu_template_names()methods have been removed from
wagtailmenus.utils.templateand the redundant